Mount Elbrus climb with accommodation at the Leaprus Hut For those who want to make their trip to Mount Elbrus really fabulous, we offer our VIP tours with stay at the Leaprus Hut (3912 m). It is more expensive but it is worth it! Imagine a sunset above mountain peaks that you'll be able to enjoy through wide windows of the hut. Here it is clean, cozy and comfortable. From here you can enjoy fantastic views onto Mount Elbrus and 5000-ers of the main Caucasus range.
Accommodation in the Baksan valley in this cathegory of tours also differs from our standart trips. For our VIP customers we provide single rooms or double / twin rooms Lux in hotel Snow leopard at 2100 m near Cheget glade. After tiring hikes you can enjoy sauna and a restaurant on the ground floor.
Dates of the VIP tours to Mount Elbrus in 2017:
| June || July || August || September |
|17.06 - 24.06||01.07 - 08.07
15.07 - 22.07
|05.08 - 12.08
19.08 - 26.08
|02.09 - 09.09|
Day 1. Meeting at Mineralnye Vody airport at 14:00. Our English-speaking guide will be awaiting you outside of the arrival hall at the airport. Bus ride (3,5 h.) to a mountain hotel in the Baksan valley near the foothills of Mt. Elbrus. There are twin and triple rooms in the hotel, with toilet and shower. Single accommodation may be available for additional cost in case there are vacant rooms in hotel or if you ordered that in advance. Overnight at the hotel (2100 m).
Price: $1595,0* / EUR1595,0*
Itinerary of the 8-days Mt. Elbrus climb via the South route
* - you receive a discount of 10% at reservation of tour till March 15
Day 2. Acclimatization hike to Terskol peak (3100 m). This is the last day before you leave the valley and after hike you can visit equipment store in order to hire something. Your guide will assist you to choose right equipment items. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3. This is the day when you move to the mountain hut Leaprus at 3912 m. You can leave all not necessary stuff at hotel. It will not be necessary to carry your backpacks self because the group will reach the refuge using ski lifts. There will be only a short distance to walk from the cable cars last station to the hut. After having tea or coffee with sandwiches and sweeties we put on all mountain equipment and go for acclimatization hike up to 4300 m. Overnight at the Leaprus hut.
Day 4. Hike up to the Pastuckhov rocks and probably higher (4800 m)
Day 5. Day of relaxation. On this day you will have ice- and snow courses with your guide not far from the refuge. The guide will teach you how to put on the crampons and how to walk in it; he will show you techniques of self-arrest with an ice-axe and you will try to slide down the slope and then fix yourself on the snow using your ice-axe and the crampons. Don't worry when you've never tried it before. Overnight at the Leaprus hut.
Day 6. Summit day. We leave the refuge about 3 a.m. for the climb of Elbrus' west summit, 5642 m (18,510 ft). It is possible to hire a snow-cat (Ratrak) for a group. This vehicle carries climbers (12 people) up to Pastuckhov rocks and saves 4 hours and a lot of energy. Generally, for an average group, it takes about 7-9 hours to reach the top and 4-5 hours to come back to the hut.
Generally we stay at the hotel Snow Leopard this night. If some participants of group comes back from the top after 3.30 p.m. we won't manage to go to the valley before closing of ski lift at 4 p.m. - we can remain for additional night in Leaprus with surcharge or in a new mountain shelter Heart of Elbrus near the top station of ski lift without surcharge.
Day 7. This is a reserve day in case of bad weather on the previous day. When the group takes an attempt of reaching the summit on this day, it is also necessary to descend to the valley same evening by all means, though it may be hard because the ski lifts stop working at 4 p.m. Overnight at hotel.
Day 8. Drive to Mineralnye Vody airport early in the morning to be in time for the flight which departs at 11:35. If you need to be at the airport earlier or your flight departs much later than 11:35, you can order an individual transfer.
What is included into the tour cost:
- Invitation letter for visa. We send this to you as soon as we get your deposit and passport copy.
- Local registration for foreigners according to the Russian law.
- Park fee.
- Transportation. Group airport transfers airport - Terskol - airport. In order to catch the group transfer on the 1st day of the trip you need to arrive to Mineralnye Vody not later than 14:15. If you arrive later we can arrange an individual transportation for you.
Please, notice, that on the last day of the trip we'll bring you to the airport to be in time for check-in for the flight which departs at 11:35. If your return flight is earlier or much later than that and you don't want to wait at the airport, you can order an individual transportation to/from airport which costs 70EUR/70$. Keep in mind, that it takes 3,5 hours to get from Terskol to airport.
• Snow Leopard hotel, shared single rooms or shared double / twin lux rooms
• Leaprus hut at 3912m, mixed dorm
- Cable car tickets for one ascent and one descent on Mt. Elbrus.
- Meals. Full board during the whole trip.
- Guides. One guide for the group throughout the tour and the guide assistant(s) for the summit day in ratio 1:3.
- One summit attempt. For example, when a group starts in Day 6 in weather conditions which allow to go, and later it changes to the dangerous ones (like storm/ heavy snowfall/ dense fog) and the group has to descend; or one/ several participants feel bad and give up on climbing this is considered as an expended attempt. You can make an additional attempt having payd guiding services, hut fees & food for you and your guide.
- Climbing certificate
- Riding snow-cat (ratrak, a vehicle transporting people along the snow slopes). The exact cost depends on number of passengers: up to 4800 m it costs $500,0 / EUR500,0 and up to 5100 m - $1000,0 / EUR1000,0 per vehicle. You also can hire a snow-cat on your way down and this will be cheaper than on the way up.
- Single occupancy supplement - $60,0 / EUR60,0 .
- Park fee (about $20,0 / EUR20,0)
- Hire of personal equipment (such as sleeping bag, boots, crampons etc)
- Taking an additional attempt after the first attempt has been expended (this doesn't include cases when the weather was bad from the beginning and the group hasn't started the climb). Additional attempt in Day 7 costs $350,0 / EUR350,0 for the guiding services + $350,0 / EUR350,0 for hut fee and meals for you and your guide if you dont manage to go down and will be forced to spen the night in Leaprus.
- Cost of additional night at Leaprus if you don't manage to go down before closing of ski lift on the Day 6, because this day is already paid for at the hotel. The cost of an extra night - $100,0 / EUR100,0 for 1 person.
- Individual transfer from or to airport - $80,0 / EUR80,0. You require an individual transfer when you:
a) arrive to Mineralnye Vody later than 14:15 on the first day of the trip;
b) you return flights on the last day departs before 11:35 or much later than that and you don't want to wait at the airport.